May 08, 2011

E-LOB & I


LOBS have been doing the rounds for a number of years. A LOB? Long Bob. Just to make my self clear.

{Celebrity Lobbers}

On Saturday morning, I was contemplating getting a hair cut. A LOB, perhaps? That contemplation turned into a last minute hair appointment. Going into the hairdressers, I smelled of hair desperation. My hair was practically begging, 'cut me off'. Just cut the whole lot off. At first, the hairdresser wouldn't comply. 'Really?', she asked. 'Are you sure?', she also asked. By this stage, I was fit to grab the scissors and cut it my self.

I eventually persuaded her that my desired hair cut would be perfect. So, she cut and chopped. What was I left with? An E-LOB. Yes, you read that right. E-LOB? Extra long bob.

Just to be 'different', ya know? Despite having a ridiculous named haircut, it was the best decision I have made in quite some time. I feel like a new person. Only, I'm not. No hiding behind my hair now. See Ms. Hairdresser, I told you it would be all okay. An added plus? My hair style rhymes. E-LOB, Knob, Sob, Mob, Lob.......

I may not look happy in the picture below, but trust me, I am delighted. Capital D-E-L-I-G-H-T-E-D. E-LOB & I will (hopefully) live happily ever after.


Who also has a LOB, or even better an E-LOB? Let me know!


Kate Bosworth & Jennifer Aniston pictures via telegraph.co.uk
Gwyneth Paltrow picture via gallert.becomegorgeous.com
Olivia Palermo picture via google

Follow My Republic of Fashion

34 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

I have a long bob too and i love it. Looks also amazing on you!

Joan said...

oh think u look good!!

Andrés Corella said...

I love it..your hair looks amazing!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

Great hairstyle. It suits you wonderful x

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh love it!! Woohoo
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Sarah said...

I was going to make a joke about lobbing your hair off... but that would be very unfunny. It looks really lovely on you. Really suits!

joana said...

Ohh beautiiiful!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

haha, what a fun story. i didn't know the long bob was called a LOB. your E-lob looks wonderful, and i really like the look on Olivia too.

Ginta said...

Oh, I like it! It looks perfect!

stylenuggets said...

Gorgeous - you made the right call. Wish I had perfect hair like that too!

Isabel said...

ive never heard the term LOB before. i love it! i just got a LOB too :)

Leia said...

Your new haircut looks fabulous!

Leia

Astrid Storm said...

this is so inspiring! i adore you're blog! I have a new post up, hope you'll visit.
kisses.

Unknown said...

I just discovered your blog and it is divine...you look amazing in your long bob...now I want to cut my hair too!

Kristin H said...

Nice LOB:) I am saving for one!!!!!

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Looks great! And would look sensational curly too!

A did a big chop into and ELOB a couple years ago, and grew it out immediately. But every once in a while, I feel so compelled to do a drastic chop and shock the hell out of everyone. Only thing is I know the person most shocked (and not in a good way) will be me. Oh well. One day!

Lee Oliveira said...

I love it.. Your hair is stunning
lee x

Sick by Trend said...

Kate and Olivia!!! <3 both are spectacular!! :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

FashionJazz said...

You look fabulous! Happy Monday hun xx

Audrey Allure said...

You look gorgeous! I love rocking the long bob as well :)

Marie a la Mode said...

You look great with a LOB! I have to admit I had never heard that word before reading it right here on your blog!

BEAUTYEDITER.COM – Beauty Blog said...

i love that sort of hair its so flair <3

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Oh, I didn't know this look was called a lob! I've always been a huge fan of this hairstyle. I'm so happy you got it done too because you look GORGEOUS! The lob was a perfect style for you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

i love your new haircut! I too have a lob (but with layers... lol)

xx

Anonymous said...

You pull it off so well! I would look horrible! its a lovely hair style, something 70s about it

xoxo
Miss Neira

MosaMuse said...

nice hair cut!! looks great on you!
xo
MosaMuse

Lin said...

Love it ♥

ediot said...

you look great darling. the hair do suits you so well, and i love the sweater -wonderful color.

x

- said...

lol you are funny! This is first time I've heard of someone not liking a longer cut. It looks pretty on you though.

Emmett Katherine said...

I had a pob and now I'm in the process of trying to grow it out! Your E-LOB looks great!

Anonymous said...

great choice, really suits you!! x

www.beckydazzler.com

Anonymous said...

love it!

Marinka said...

I like longer bobs, it looks great. Olivia's bob is my favorite ^^
I have one myself but since my hair are curly it doesn't look the same . But I really like yours a lot :)